Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Helpless Situation?!

I've always been told never to talk about religion or politics. Why? Because it just leads to arguments. Somehow though, I seem to always want to talk politics. And I'm not referring to internal national politics. I'm referring to INTERNATIONAL politics. Especially things close to my heart...for example the Palestinian situation.
I cannot explain how much what's happening to the Palestinians upsets me. Even talking about it upsets me, and what gets me the most is that way that the majority of the world are Pro-Israeli. Or if not Pro-Israeli, then Pro-letting it all carry on the way its been for the last century because they couldnt care less.

This is the problem with the world...they couldnt care less. As long as they're happy, as long as they are not directly affected, they're happy to carry on even while this injustice is being carried out not very far away.

Im so sick of it, because I don't know what I can do. How can I make people care? How can I change the way people think? How can I make some people realise that the way they are thinking is completely one-sided and totally influenced by Western media? I dont know what I can do. I don't know what I should do. It feels like such a helpless situation. For once in my life...I feel totally, completely and utterly helpless.

No comments: