Sunday, April 23, 2006

Stolen My Heart With A Meow

Two days ago, I took a step. A small step for mankind, a gigantic step for me. I adopted! He's less than a year old, with the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen. Big green almond eyes that seem to search your soul when he meows for his supper. Yes, he's a cat. Perhaps more accurately, he's a catten. Not a kitten, not yet a cat. Oooh, I can see Britney making a fortune out of this one!
He's been with me 2 days already, and although he's stolen my heart, I just cant think of a name that suits him! Currently stuck between a few...including Toulouse. O'Malley was a favourite for a while..he had been hit by a car so his back legs are a bit wobbly still. Currently he swaggers around with a bit of a John Wayne strut! Same strut that Thomas O'Malley the alleycat had in "The Aristocats". My boy definately always gets the girls! Too bad he's *neutered* shhhh

Adopted him from this classic crazy cat lady. I swear to God her house is overrun with cats. I'm talking opening the front door and a swarm of cats milling in the hallway! Apparently though, once you adopt, (I keep referring to adoption because, and I kid you not, she made me sign ADOPTION PAPERS!!) you're not allowed to have a life. Nope, everything must be pushed aside for your cat..and although this seems to be what she herself chose to do, its not the path I personally feel inclined to walk!
"DUBLIN??!! YOU'LL BE GOING TO DUBLIN?? But...But...But what will happen to HIM??"
"INTERNATIONAL POLITICS???!! BUT...What about HIM??"
I assured her I would look after him, after which she turned to him and said "Did you hear that Sweetheart, you're going to be an international jetsetter!" So it seems I have to take him wherever I go. Lord above, it'll all work out, I cant be expected to decide all this now! By the way she was talking, she seemed to be expecting me to call up some random airline and book a seat for my cat "in the event that I may be travelling around the world for work purposes in ten years time!" ?!

She had named him Sweetheart. Although it suits him, he is a sweetheart!, I don't think I really want to be bringing up a cat with masculinity issues. Perhaps Hercules? Or Thor? Hmmmm...Or maybe the Rock! Ideas??

4 comments:

frogman said...

felix felix felix felix.. call him felix felix felix felix.. ok fine, don't.. what do i care?? i'll call him felix.. why are you doing this zena?? why oh why??

ok, i just got up and i feel random :D

much love to you and felix.. lol

ZanZoon said...

haha believe it or not...Felix DID actually go through my mind. However, call me a psycho mother, but I think he deserves a MUCH more special name! Oh God, I'm turning into one of them....!!
Quick!!
I'm just going to call him CAT!

Aoi_Chokoreto said...

oooooooooooh,, i love cats i love cats!! im sure u know that by now lol.. zena, hoe about u post a pic of the catty so we can get a visual,, it will make the name choosing easier :-)

POET

ZanZoon said...

hmmm the problem with Paddy is that my friend Paddy is going to think I named the cat after him! haha and although Paddy is a great guy, I'm not sure he's the best role model for my little cat ;)