Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fighting The Inevitable

Is there anything admirable in fighting against the inevitable??

That's something I'm wondering. The way I see it tonight...there isn't. Fighting against the inevitable is pointless. And yet, we all do it. Whole societies are doing it. I fight against the inevitable on a daily basis. And for what? What do I gain? Recongnition? Praise? Contentment? No on all counts. I can tell you what I lose though. I lose my time, I lose my sleep, I lose my energy, I lose my mind. The only things I can think of that I gain are wrinkles. And personally, I don't want them.

Life seems to be a constant lie. Lying to ourselves, to others; and the one that hurts the most, lying to those you love, to those who love and trust you. It's crazy. And yet, society imposes upon us this necessity to lie. Why? Because of the continual fight against the inevitable. Everyday I'm seeing this fight more and more in the Arab world.

It's really getting me down.
I just don't want to lie anymore.

Life is over in a blink of an eye. There's no time for doubts, for procrastinating, for shyness. Take all the chances you're given. Tell every single person you love that you love them; put your arms out that give them a hug. Time waits for no one. If its there, if you feel it, let it show. Don't waste your time in a job you hate, or with people you don't even really like. Take life by the shoulders and shake it till every single last bit of it is used up. Do it all, and don't let it be that in your last breath you wished you had done more.

No comments: