Thursday, May 11, 2006

a rant and a rave...

At the very high risk of sounding materialistic and vain, which I strive not to be, allow me to get these rants off my chest

I hate the fact that I can't get a manicure/pedicure here because I know from experience that if I do, I'm just going to be pissed off because the standards are so low, and frankly a monkey could do a better job.

I hate the fact that I can't get my hair done, because simply the hairdressers in Ireland are nothing but sorry excuses who get annoyed if you say you don't like what they've done. Sitting there with what resembles a birds nest on the top of your head, and if you dare to say anything other than "lovely" your life as you know it is as good as over. Why do you think I always come back looking like I've fought a war?

I hate the fact that the beauticians don't know how to wax properly. That they don't know the difference between waxing, and breaking the hair at the skin. That they wax where you DON'T have hair, which any sane person knows just encourages more hair to grow.

I hate the fact that the masseuse's massage you like you're going to break. That they don't understand the fundamental concept of massaging...that is, work out the knots. Instead, they simply give the mandatory little rub to all parts of your back, call it a massage and charge you 50 euro.

Finally, I hate the fact that as well as looking after a house, paying bills, buying food, cooking, cleaning, trying to study, bringing up a cat who spends the nights awake and currently eats about twice his weight in food a day, worrying about a sister who doesn't need me to worry but for whom I can do nothing else, and crashing my car, I have to be my own beautician, hairdresser and manicurist. Mostly, I hate the fact that most of the time, I feel like a complete and utter failure in all the above aspects of my life. I think I hate that most of all.

3 comments:

frogman said...

i know exactly what you mean zena.. i can only imagine its worse for you girls.. if us GUYS don't go and cut our hair here.. you girls must have hell here.. the waxing i can't really comment on, for political reasons..

i hope you feel better.. for all i know, your blog is great, and i'm judging your character through your blog.. and based on that, i would say you are great.. lift your head up high girl..

ZanZoon said...

thanks for all your comments guys... ;D really cheered me up!
i was just going through one of those days. i think everyone has them. when it feels like everything just takes more effort, and everything is not working out. i blame it on the weather! haha
i guess alot of the times i put such high unachievable standards upon myself that its inevitable that at some point i'll fall behind, and beat myself up about it. new motto: set low standards, and be pleasantly suprised if your surpass them!
hope all of you are having a great week! mwah!
oh and irony, i agree. MUCH better to just do it yourself. that's what ive been doing. passed into a new salon today to check it out. guess how much they were charging to do eyebrows? 15 euro!!!! scandalous!

dmossop said...

Cheer up Z! It has supposedly been completely scientifically proven that shaving/waxing/cutting hair doesnt make it grow faster or thicker...despite what 99.95% of the population thinks...