Sunday, February 19, 2006

Looking For A Pin To Burst His Bubble!

I'm trying to come up with the best way to tell him I'm leaving work earlier than he thinks I'll be. Initially, if you'll remember, I told him I'd be staying in AD a 'couple of months'. Somehow, he took this to mean that I would be working here for a 'couple of months'. Since I've started, I swear to God, he's been adding weeks on to my intended stay. First it was 2 months. Next it was 3 months. Then it was mid-March. THEN he starts telling his boss that I'll be staying 'till April, maybe longer??!!@!!! I mean, is he sane? Does he have his wits about him? More importantly...can he count???!!!

I have absolutely no intention of staying here 'till April. It's hard enough dedicating myself to dragging myself in here tomorrow! Thing is, I couldn't very well correct him in front of his boss, who is (for the benefit of Ismail) in charge of many legal departments! So there I was, a young, freshfaced, motivated assistant, seemingly intent on working my way up the ladder (oh, if only they knew!) sitting in on some meeting, interrupting my boss and saying "well actually JB you've got it wrong. Absolutely no intention of staying here that long! HA! Over my dead body actually! In fact, I'm counting the days until I'm out of here. So, no, you're wrong there buddy, nope won't be staying here that long! Maybe another week or so, you know, depends on my mood and all. Just wanted to clarify that to the big boss over there and make you look quite silly. ooh that rhymes with willy. haha oh never mind! so no, won't be staying here that long. yeah, amazing isn't it how we got the wires crossed there isn't it? quite funny really! well, I think so. haha ahem, yeah, didn't mean to interrupt there, no no, by all means keep going... pre-emptive non-disclosive multilateral contracts you say?"

Wouldn't really have been a good move... so i've kept quiet and well, now I just need to come up with the perfect way to burst his ever-growing bubble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell him you shot a man
then leave it a couple of days
before you ask him to leave
always works