Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Manager In Diapers

Men never grow up do they? Just as its a fact that women are terrible drivers, it's also a fact that men never grow up. Granted, in each of these theories there is bound to exist an exception or two, but so far I have yet to experience execeptions in either. Just as in every adult male there exists a three year old little boy keeping score and throwing tantrums, in every female there lurks an overly cautious, annoyingly careful driver. Is there anything we can do about it? Probably not.

There exists a manager within this God-forsaken corporation of which I am a part of for the time being, who is being odd with me simply because I refused to accept his job offer. I refused his offer, and now that I'm back here temporarily working for someone else, he's acting like a spoilt brat. Don't you hate people like that? Must they so decidedly laugh in the face of professionalism? When I was here last time, he didn't care that my current boss wanted to give me a job. No, he wanted me so he completely overlooked my boss and purposely ignored the fact that my boss had offered me a job first. This manager also chose to ignore the fact that the job he was offering me concerned only a portion of what I had studied. Now that I've "snubbed" him in favour of someone else he's acting like a little girl. I just met him in the lift now, and even though he's about 30 years older than me, I felt like his mother. I almost sighed and mumbled "they're a terror at this age aren't they?" I just wish he would grow up! Because at the moment the urge to pull out the wooden spoon and give him a well-deserving smack on the bottom is overwhelmingly strong! Unfortunately, he might like that. And well, we can't have that now can we? ;)

No comments: