Thursday, March 16, 2006

Daydreaming Is Good For You

When I was younger, I used to daily disappear into daydreams. My mind would just think about everything and nothing at the same time, and for what seemed like a minute I would just zone out. When I'd snap back to reality I'd realise that more than 15 or 20 mins had passed! I'd feel fresh and energised, but I never thought of them as anything more than day dreams. After all, I was, and still am, a dreamer!

As I got older, there were such "important" things to do that I didnt allow myself the time to just think about anything, everything and nothing. I pushed myself to constantly do something productive, never allowing myself the chance to zone out.

What I hadnt realised was that those "daydreams" were actually meditation!
Without consciously deciding to meditate, my body and subconscious, daily encouraged me to do a little bit of meditating, knowing that that was what my body needed to recharge its batteries.

Today I rediscovered the health benefits of just zoning out and disassociating oneself from daily reality. Today for over 10 minutes I "daydreamed" again, and I gotta tell ya... I'm going to be doing it everyday! I feel great!

No comments: