Monday, March 13, 2006

Stupid White Men

I think Michael Moore is great!
From my experience of him, which I confess is only limited to "Farenheit 9/11", "Stupid White Men" and an old film he shot called "Canadian Bacon", I have found him to be intelligent, truthful and in possession of a sarcastic sense of humour that catches your attention and keeps holding on strong!
It really annoys me then when I come across Americans who hate him.
Granted, it's to be expected, but it always strikes me as strange that they should uphold Moores work as rubbish when it is so obviously simply a record of REALITY.

I remember meeting this guy from New York, and I don't know how the conversation turned to Moore, but it did. And this guy HATED him! He thought that Moore just made things up, and he disapproved so much of his anti-Bush stance that he didnt even watch Farenheit 9/11. Basically, he was so willing to believe everything thast was being pushed down his throat by the media and the government, that he was NOT OPEN to hearing what the other side had to say.
First off, that's against democracy! Against the very idea of justice. Against the very ideas that the government and policies he so blindly supports is supposed to be encouraging.

I tried arguing with him..but as you know, it's impossible to argue with a fool! See one of my last posts on arguing with a fool here.
His mind was made up. Even though he wasnt open to hearing the other sides of the argument, he fully supported the farce of a war that his country was waging against Iraq.

Funny thing is, this same guy turned to me later on in the conversation and said with immense knowlegdge and confidence that "all muslims are short. They're a very short people."
Biting my tongue and trying to keep myself from literally shaking some sense into him, I explained that Islam is a religion, not a race. Muslims come from many different countries, and like other religions, you have some short Muslims and some tall Muslims.

*Sigh* This is the level of intelligence of the supporters of Bush it seems. Oh well, like attracts like as you know. Great minds think alike; or as the case most definately is here, fools seldom differ.

No comments: