Monday, March 13, 2006

Is Plastic Surgery False Advertising?

Not long ago, I was wondering if I was really a blonde...I have those days! As everyone does I'm sure! Check out that older post here. So, I just came across this little quiz that you can take if you've ever wondered how blonde you really were!

You Are a Golden Blonde

Men see you as flirty and fun, yet deep and thoughtful
You've got all the pizzazz of a blonde...
With the intensity of a brunette


On another note, during the weekend this guy I don't really know all that well decided to tell me that he had had 2 nose jobs...and he's only 24! Well, I got to thinking about plastic surgery and it struck me that in a way its almost like false adverstising.
I mean, let's fast forward to a few years time, his wife will have just given birth to their first child, and the first thing they see is this HUGE nose staring back at them! He may not be all that suprised, but she will! There she was thinking her husband naturally had a movie star nose, when the truth is that his nose genes were so far from perfect, perfection was nothing more than a dot to them!

In a world where your looks are a part of your "worth" in the marriage market, can plastic surgery that significantly alters a physical feature of yours be considered False Advertising?!?!

No comments: