Monday, May 01, 2006

A Cone Too Far..

Currently, O'Mally has a huge plastic cone around his head. Doctor's orders, I wont go into the details. But do you think for one minute that he's sitting in a corner feeling sorry for himself? Do you think that he's given up eating, sleeping, playing, because he perhaps feels like a freak with a plastic cone on his head? Nope. Do you think he feels like less of a cat, if you will, simply because he no longer possesses that fundamental cat trait of being able to squeeze through small spaces? Nope. Is he on a diet, thinking that perhaps this turn of events is in someway related to his excessive consumption of catnip and kibbles? Nope.

In fact, it took him less than an hour to realise that there was no way the freaking thing was going anywhere anytime soon. It took him less than an hour to realise that no matter what he did, he wouldn't be able to be cone-free anytime soon. It took him that long to realise that you know what? Sure, its a little (read: alot) awkward. Sure its not very flattering. Sure his mom's gotta put his food into wierd shaped bowls in order that he may maintain some semblance of normality at mealtimes. Sure now instead of licking his body, he licks the plastic cone. Sure its annoying and bothersome. But you know what? I'm not going to let it ruin my life. I'm not going to let it get the better of me. Instead, I'm going to keep playing, keep living, keep going. It's only a plastic cone.

And you know what? I'm learning from this cat. Because, I'll tell you this much.. if that was me with the plastic cone around my head, I'd be curled up in the corner feeling VERY sorry for myself!

1 comment:

Aoi_Chokoreto said...

You should be very proud of O' Malley...he seems to have a lot of courage...I remember back when POET'S cats had cones around them...it was sooo sad...Poet, the cats and I were all huddled in a corner just feeling sorry for them...

It wont be long before he is free to be!
COOK