Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Knock That Corporate Ladder Down

I'm sick and tired of managers who waste my time telling me things I already know and acting like they know everything all of the time! What is it with delegation? Yesterday I was asked to go over a contract. My boss sent it on to me with the email correspondence attached. I am not joking when I tell you that the task had been delegated EIGHT times until it finally reached me, the lowest rung of the ladder, and I got stuck with it. Not only that, but it was so minimal. 30 minute job at the most, although for most of those who delegated it downwards, I wouldn't be suprised if it would have taken them a couple of hours. Seriously, incompetence annoys me, talking for no reason when business has to be done annoys me, and most of all, it annoys me when credit is not received where credit is due. I just finished a huge report for my boss, for which I had to do a crazy amount of research; Crawling the net, trudging through books, and do you know what happened after I sent him the report (which can I add came to the same conclusion that I had initially told him when he first gave me the problem!) ? He sent on the conclusions from it to HIS boss, signing HIS name at the bottom. His boss then no doubt sent those conclusions to his boss like he was the one who did all the work! Crazy isnt it? This corporate ladder is so overrated. And when you've got to sit through 20 minutes of stupid talk "explaining" things that anyone with half a brain would already know, by someone that isnt even your boss but wants to exploit your intelligence for his own gain, you start wishing that someone would just knock that ladder down.

1 comment:

Brian Gonzalez said...

details and how people don't pay attention to them...i see it in this. People don't pay attention to the detail that it probably took a lot longer delagating than it took to actually finish the contract. Also, the detail that you probably do a lot of the dirty work that no one notices that holds the company together like glue. hang in there. by the way, you are very pretty in your picture. for now, peace
Brian