Sunday, January 29, 2006

White Socked Ankles

Why why why do some men still insist on wearing trousers that leave little to the imagination in the sock department?? That's right, socks! Listen, it was cool when Michael Jackson did it, and even then its coolness was questionable, but unless its 1987 or you're doing the moonwalk the reason for it is beyond me! Sure your trousers don't drag on the ground and get dirty, but surely its possible to achieve that aim without cutting the legs off at your ankles?! In my quest for an answer I asked resident 'I'm so cool I don't need fashion and that makes me fashionable' expert Mark Flavin : "Maybe they think they have sexy ankles and are trying to draw attention to them???###!!
thats my theory, anything else would be just stupid....."
And I agree. Anything else would just be stupid. If a man discovered that he did have sexy ankles, then I suppose he would want to show them off, seeing as most men most certainly DO NOT have ANYTHING that could remotely be referred to as sexy ankles...but if he didnt? If he realised that his ankles were actually quite normal, then what could possibly encourage him to do such a rash and crazy thing?? Maybe it's to show off his socks? Which if he was wearing socks that his 2 year old knit and embroidered for him then I would understand. Such socks would be unbelievably special socks and would be socks that he would want to show off. But WHITE socks? White socks are...white socks!! WHITE SOCKS!! you dont show white socks off! Unless you were showing off the whitness of them, which in the case of a Persil ad I could understand. Anything else would just be stupid.
And yet, why, as I sit here typing this, do I have an unobstructed view of white-sock-clad ankles poking out from under a desk? Why, why, why??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one Zena, I'll have to watch out for how many white sock men are working with me. Now between the lift and the white socks Ill amuse myself all day.

Keep up the writing I enjoy going to your site.