Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Talk With Love

I've been trying to decide whether or not to post more poetry. Today I decided I would. Here's one I wrote about a month ago. I made a conscious effort with this one to change the rhyming sequence to abc abc . By the way, thank you to everyone who commented and emailed me about the last one I put up, and in doing so encouraged me to put more up!

A Talk With Love

Love, I long to count you among my friends
Yet you are oblivious to my charms.
Feigning ignorance of my sighs and smiles
You show no sign of making amends.
Will you never again rest in my arms?
It may be true, yet I shall wait the whiles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent poetry Zena I think you should continue. With your talent for expressing yourself I think you should have no trouble counting love among your friends.