Saturday, February 11, 2006

Disease Of Normality Is Contagious

Something very strange is going on...
There's something not quite right and I'm just not sure what's happened. Something strange has come over me, and I have reason to believe that I should be worried. For some unknown reason, today I seem to be less violently opposed to this job than usual. The seeds of discontentment have indeed been sown and for the past few weeks have been flourishing pleasingly into strong healthy shoots of anger and opposition. But today, today they have withered and unless something is done they are in danger of dying completely. Today, my friends, an eerie sense of calm has descended upon me and I find myself doing my work almost....happily! Where did I go wrong? What within me slipped up and allowed the obvious brain-washing of society to have an effect? My resolve to leave this god-forsaken corporate world is being drowned out...but by what? Something, but what I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps the normality of society is spreading the disease of acceptance of the inevitable to me. The disease of normality somehow got in under my skin yesterday evening, festered overnight and resulted in this horrifying feeling of contentment this morning. I must fight it, but it will be a battle not easily won. A battle of hardships, myself against the world. It must be done though, lest I find myself at the end of this week willingly volunteering to single-handedly come up with a strategy to increase the profits of the evil evil corporation. Somehow, with the way I've been acting this morning, it doesn't seem so improbable anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**clap** **clap** **clap**
Three high cheers..
That was a fantastic piece, i really loved that one. I mean first of all the style of the blog and how it was written. It was amasing ! The words you used and the expressions. You have a great ability to use your vocab. I mean most times people, myself included, either overshoot or do not provide a good word for a context. Not only choosing the right words but how to order them. "perhaps the normality of scoiety is spreading the disease of acceptance of the inevitable to me." SUUUUCHHHHH A GREAAAAATTT LINE ! i mean the meaning is there and was known but the common few who have any sense of ambition. But to actually phrase it that way.
Which kind of is my second point: the message is known by these people but never before put so well. We are all special in some way, we all have opinions that can be shared by the many or can be very individual. But the power to firstly put it out there and secondly to say it so eloquently.
Now, i don't know if you tried to change the writing style from your previous blogs but it did seem that you tried osmething different. It seemed like it was from the heart, nonetheless different. A little reminiscent of the white socks complaint blog you put up a while ago. Once again, I WAS IN TEARS ! it was hilarious, the topic in general, but hte delivary was amasing !
As for the complacency that we all feel here, it happens to all. You cannot help but fall in it because you need to have something to make you go on with your day and not want to kill yourself with the thought of the next day. We just got to hold strong and make it, soon the actual normality of this life will be fuel to ignite and give life once again to the "healthy shoots of anger and opposition".
shoot i have to go .. they "NEED" me at work..

Euripides: from his work ~Medea~
"...Soon, her anger like a gathering cloud will burst in a tempest of fury."