Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's Always Nice To Laugh

It's always nice to have a laugh, and right now I'm back to work after an hour of laughing! I met up with Ismail, a friend of mine, for lunch and seriously that guy should be a comedian! I just laugh non-stop when I'm with him. I think it should be made a rule that when you're on your lunch break, you've got to have a laugh. Companies should set up lunch time comedy shows. Think of the boost for morale! A clown popping out from behind the ficus in the corner every now and then to squirt your boss with water...think of it! Genius! Can't believe it's taken this long to think of it...

Seriously though, I love to laugh and more importantly I love to make people laugh. I do run into problems on that latter point though, because I am really bad at telling jokes! Especially jokes that involve a story and a punch line. One liners I'm pretty good at, but most of the time the only time I make people laugh is when I really don't mean to. Or when they're laughing AT me, which to be honest I don't mind because I continuously have to laugh at myself. One person I do know how to make laugh is my sister Dana. God I love to make her laugh. Just to hear her laugh is so great, and I think thats been the way since she was born. I'm a year and a half older than her and from when she was a baby I would do ANYTHING just to make her laugh. Dancing around her crib, making faces. The amount of vile creations I ate when she got older just to get her to laugh. She'd mix up ketchup, tabasco sauce, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, whatever she could get her hands on and bring it to me pretending that it was something normal. I would eat it just to make her laugh. We have an odd sense of humour, and now 21 years later, although I've put the foot down on anything involving eating something she's come up with, I instictively know what's going to make her laugh. Last night she wasn't in that great a mood, but before we got off the phone I had her laughing so hard. It was nice. I think more people should spend time trying to make people happy instead of making them suffer. I know that sometimes when I'm pissed off I intentionally say things to get others pissed off too. Yet I feel so guilty afterwards. Life is too short! Let's laugh while we can. There'll be plenty of things to cry about yet.

On another note, big shout out to Yousef who is on his way to Canada! He's promised to write letters! Actual letters! I know! See you soon hopefully Yousef, we'll miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughter... a very good topic to make my debut on the popular Zena blog. Well, HELLO ! for those of you who know me and for those who don't i'm Sager. Greetings and Salutations.
I'd like to start by saying that i see a lot of potential for this blog, both in the sense that it was born in AD (most unlikely place to happen), as well as the fact that one of the topics was about which kitchen utensil would a person like to be the most? excellent question, i think most of us are afraid of addressing these issues for lack of imagination and sense of humour. That was a fantastic question and it was hilarious, not only did it make me laugh right before going to bed usualyl dreading work the next day, but it also made me think about it till next morning. off the top of my head i would have to say a spatula. It carries with it such pride, dignity and a sense of uniqueness just by the name when you say it with conviction: I AM A SPATULA ! also the fact that they decided to put a T instead of a CH, another useless english addition.
Now i realize i said not much on the laughter topic, but this was my introduction to the world of Blogging, forgive me if i have sinned. I'll be addressing the topics of the day starting tomorrow, if it is daily that you release your thought-clouded brain onto this digitized mechanized junk that they call computers. they're really soo annoying sometimes.
ok enough, its addictive just typing.
adiue for now...

Anonymous said...

It is always nice to laugh. however, it's also a very effective medicine...This is what i found out:

'laughter reduces levels of certain stress hormones. In doing this, laughter provides a safety valve that shuts off the flow of stress hormones and the fight-or-flight compounds that swing into action in our bodies when we experience stress, anger or hostility. These stress hormones suppress the immune system, increase the number of blood platelets (which can cause obstructions in arteries) and raise blood pressure. When we're laughing, natural killer cells that destroy tumors and viruses increase, as do Gamma-interferon (a disease-fighting protein), T-cells, which are a major part of the immune response, and B-cells, which make disease-destroying antibodies.

Laughter may lead to hiccuping and coughing, which clears the respiratory tract by dislodging mucous plugs. Laughter also increases the concentration of salivary immunoglobulin A, which defends against infectious organisms entering through the respiratory tract.'

Interesting right?..read on:

'What may surprise you even more is the fact that researchers estimate that laughing 100 times is equal to 10 minutes on the rowing machine or 15 minutes on an exercise bike. Laughing can be a total body workout!'

soo laugh it up ppl!! u can lose weight while eating that cheesecake.