Saturday, February 11, 2006

What I Could Have Been, Had I Only Tried

Tara thinks I should go to New York, live in a dingy flat, work as a waitress, and try to make it as an actress. Of course, she's advising from a purely selfish vantange, as she's admitted she just wants to have a friend who's a struggling actress! haha I think she's right though. Except I'm going to replace New York with London. I'm just going to go for it. For God's sake, I can sit around here moaning about how much I hate this job, and how I don't want to do this for the rest of my life, how I want to act, but what the hell am I doing about it???? Not enough. Not nearly enough. So that's my plan. A year in Dublin, then on to London, do some theatre, and take it from there. I just want to say that I've given it a shot, and not look back when I'm old and wrinkled and think 'Oh, what I could have been had I only tried'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeeeeeeekssss already? but wait, you better still do blogs. yes i don't comment everyday, but i'm working on it. I do want to reply to every post, as you can see i'm even commenting on this one. But it just takes me time, i'm slow and a procastonator, if that's how you spell it.
So don't leave yet !!!!!!! BJ needs you.. and stuff. and i need you for my going-to-a-movie-alone-but-actually-with-someone-else experience. But i mean i could make use of this myself. My friend will be graduating med school in ireland and i still haven't had the chance to visit, and now i don't have anyone there. But if there is a maiden with flaxen hair who is going to be actress lives there, then YAY for all of us ! You get to be an actress there, you don't have to work with fine print, and then when a wonderful guy like me comes around, you can show him around. Excellent excellent.

no but in all seriousness, that's amasing. Everyone says you have to have a strong will to do things, but i believe that having resolve, or THE proper RESOLVE is key. I don't know about you, but i always get moments of inspiration, such as when a conversation will lead to action because of a spontaneous idea or your friend persuaded you. But for me, these die out here and there, and sometimes, people mistake that for giving up on their ideas and dreams becuase they are failures. Having the RESOLVE to do this or that though is an unbreakable metal, almost like a legal document that cannot be voided or whatever. No matter how many times you get inspired and your inspirations collide head first with brick walls, the resolve will help back you up.

... now for more important things..
BUT WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING? whyyyy?? i just started to make new friends and the social group is better, not just for me, but for everyone. why you must make leaving us soon? make sure its not soon. i plan on leaving too, but not soon. anyway, that's all i have to say for today.Good luck with acting, or singing, or both. i'll be cheering for you from wherever, hopefully japan !hehe

ZanZoon said...

Don't worry, I won't be leaving too soon! haha But I like the idea of you visiting Ireland and hey, I've always wanted to go to Japan...I could visit you there! Maybe learn some martial arts, star in some kung fu movies, damsel in distress who ends up kicking the bad guys ass kind of thing! haha ooh and we can co-write the life, time and philosophy of the cherry blossom tree! ;)
I think you're right about resolve, it's the key.