Monday, February 06, 2006

I Am Only One; But I Am One.

Came across this quote just now. Beautiful isn't it? Let us make the effort to stand up for what we believe in. And let us hope that what we truly believe in is not war, pain, suffering and violence. The so-called "war on terrorism" has no basis in fact. It is a political myth propagated to pave the way for a wholly different agenda. "Terrorism" exists because we have allowed it to exist, because certain governments want it to exist in order to have an excuse to take actions that otherwise would have been unacceptable. Violence without reason is unacceptable. How lucky for some that the world seems to be giving plenty reasons for military violence to be accepted. In April 2001, a report for the US government from the Baker Institue of Public Policy stated that "the US remains a prisoner of its energy dilemma. Iraq remains a destabilising influence to....the flow of oil to international markets from the Middle East." It was recommended that "military intervention" was necessary. In mid-July 2001, Niaz Niak a former Pakistan foreign secretary was told by senior American officials at a meeting in Berlin that "military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October". If the real purpose of the "war on terror" was to capture Bin Laden, how has he managed to elude the US so successfully? To say that one man can stay hidden from what is supposed to be the most powerful country in the world with the best intelligence unit, is to say that he is a genius. Perhaps they never really cared about "capturing terrorists" in the first place? We need to open our eyes, and stop believing everything that is fed into our eager minds through the spoon that is the media.

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do

everything, but I can do something. And because
I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something that I can do. What I can do, I should do.
And what I should do, by the grace of God,
I will do."
EDWARD EVERETT HALE

No comments: